Airfix Logo

Humbrol Logo

The Airfix Tribute Forum was established in April 2006 to discuss the making of Airfix models.

Email: admin at airfixtributeforum.co.uk

It is currently Fri 26 May 2017 10:33 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Models for Heroes
PostPosted: Fri 07 Apr 2017 01:04 am 

: --------------------

Hi, I'm Malcolm. I'd like your help.

I run Models for Heroes. A Charitable Unincorporated Organisation setup to support the art therapy departments of the UK's Help for Heroes Personnel Recovery Centres. (PRC's) These centres were built to provide the absolute BEST rehabilitative care for injured servicemen and women returning home with physical and mental wounds. Ultimately to ensure the residents can return to society and employment. PRC's offer many Sports and Activities that residents may never had considered from Dog Sledding* to ...Scale modelling?!

The Tedworth House PRC uses scale model making as therapy for PTSD, spinal injury and brain trauma. The hobby encourages patience and focus and allows the resident to follow instructions to a positive outcome. It also challenges fine motor skills and coordination. The models can present military themes but also could remind the resident of positive childhood hobbies.

I volunteer, running a modelling course at Tedworth House starting in May this year. But we want to donate model making materials and simle model kits to all of the PRC's in the UK. Following thier time at the PRCs the residents are encouraged to take up the Sports and Activities that they found the most rewarding. I hope by providing a positive first impression of the hobby, the residents will choose scale modelling as their next hobby. Bringing more modellers into our hobby is a cause we can all get behind.

And so, I'd like your help.

PM me on this site for any questions and visit http://www.modelsforheroes.co.uk for our address or visit our crowdfunding page.
We need donations of basic model making materials like clippers, craft knives, glues, paints, brushes, mats, model making magazines, sanders and of course simple model kits.

*Please note we know nothing about Dog Sledding. :shrug:

Id like to thank the ATF admin staff or allowing me to post here and for supporting Models for Heroes.