Airfix Logo

Humbrol Logo

The Airfix Tribute Forum was established in April 2006 to discuss the making of Airfix models.

Email: admin at airfixtributeforum.co.uk

It is currently Tue 26 Sep 2017 13:33 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun 10 Jan 2016 12:25 pm 
Bronze Bar
Bronze Bar

: --------------------
: Airfix Modelling SIG Member
: Model Portfolio
Statement by Commander Dracosi – Imperial fleet
Earth Date – 10 – 08 – 80
Three days ago, I was in command of the Imperial Freighter IG-609 bound for the planet of Harthoria in the Rago System. Our cargo was three Imperial AT-ATs and 3 Platoons of Imperial Stormtroopers, which we were taking to the combat zone in the Purple Mountains of this ice planet. One day ago, as we transited the Andreum System, we passed through a cosmic cloud which must have been a portal, because we found ourselves in a completely unknown Galaxy which the Starcharts could not recognise. Our engines had suffered major damage in this transit, so we needed to find a planet to land on and effect repairs. The nearest planet was fortunately in the solar system that we had arrived in and so we headed for this unknown planet, which I now know to be called “Earth”.
I decided to land the Freighter on a medium sized island, just off the coast of the largest land mass which I have been told is called “UK”. As we descended for landing some “Earth” aero craft approached us and I ordered them shot down, as they did not respond to our challenge. The Laser defence system removed this threat and also that of 3 larger aero craft found in our defensive zone. I selected a suitable landing point and set the Freighter down in what appeared to be a large arable area (I now know this to be called “Norfolk”). We immediately unloaded the AT-ATs and deployed them and the Stormtroopers in a defensive perimeter to protect the freighter. The first inhabitants to approach were eliminated by our sentries, as were the next arrivals, who approached in small ground vehicles with flashing lights. As the local night fell, I met with the Stormtrooper commander and we decided to expand our perimeter in the period of next daylight to further protect the ship. This would bring us into conflict with the natives, but I was confident that their air and ground craft were ineffective against the AT-ATs and the body armour of the Stormtroopers.
As the sun rose in the morning, the first of the AT-ATs was sent to what appeared to be a small settlement the other side of a small river. As the AT-AT approached the settlement, it disgorged its Stormtroopers ready for any resistance by the natives. Suddenly I saw Stormtroopers falling and it appeared that their body armour was not effective against the old fashioned projectile weapons of the enemy forces, which must have been deployed overnight. I ordered them to withdraw, but had barely passed this command when the AT-AT exploded. There was a stunned silence on the bridge, as none of us had ever seen an AT-AT destroyed before and I ordered the other two AT-ATs to be deployed to neutralise this unknown threat. While these were still deploying, six strange rumbling ground craft with turrets slowly approached the perimeter and the AT-ATs engaged them. The AT-AT cannon seemed ineffective, although one of the ground craft did start emitting smoke and I saw the crew abandon it and try to run before the Stormtroopers cut them down. This act seemed to increase the volume of enemy fire and shortly after, first one and then the second AT-AT blew up as a result of projectile weapon fire. The few surviving Stormtroopers were also cut down by this enemy and now the ground craft commenced firing at the Freighter. I knew I had no choice but to surrender to the savage natives, as I had no defensive forces left to fight with and only a pointless death would await me and my crew.
I must now accept that a long period of captivity lies before me, as we seem to be beyond the help of the Empire. I am still confused by apparent power of the projectile weapons used and many other things, but the thing that I would most like an answer to is to know what the first native said before being eliminated. The universal translator system failed to translate the words, which had a sound like “Ger orf ma lan”.

PostPosted: Sun 10 Jan 2016 13:45 pm 
Two Gold & Bronze Stars
Two Gold & Bronze Stars

: Portfolio
Captain Farrell wrote:
“Ger orf ma lan”.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Great dio and Story :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

My ATF Workbench

PostPosted: Sun 10 Jan 2016 13:54 pm 
Blue Star
Blue Star

Brilliant story and diorama. The antidote to a hi tech problem is often low tech.

Regards, Steve

PostPosted: Mon 11 Jan 2016 15:31 pm 
Silver Star
Silver Star

UNIT versus the Empire, brilliant.

PostPosted: Wed 13 Jan 2016 02:29 am 
Two Gold & Bronze Stars
Two Gold & Bronze Stars

I HATE it when that happens.

dancho's model collection dancho's blog

PostPosted: Wed 13 Jan 2016 04:20 am 
Blue Star
Blue Star

The Brigadier would be happy.

"Just once, I wish we would encounter an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."

The sea, the sky, the sea, the sky, the sea...

PostPosted: Wed 13 Jan 2016 05:09 am 
Bronze Star
Bronze Star

Hehe, love it! UNIT are always busy round your part of the world.

PostPosted: Mon 01 Feb 2016 11:28 am 
Silver Star
Silver Star

Another good one,well done.

PostPosted: Sat 22 Jul 2017 16:21 pm 
Blue Star
Blue Star

Very, very good story and an excellent diorama, Captain Farrell! :clapping: You know, if those Stormtroopers had the usual aim they show in Star Wars, we could easily kill a hundred of them before they hit someone! :P On the other side, I'll call Obi Wan Spiritual Line to sell the Jedis some Earth's Centurion Tanks I and some old fashion 105mm Ordnance Gun with hollow charges, or bargain them for some Medic Robot that could repair our hands so easily. Like Dr. McCoy said: "They're just witch doctors!" (Star Trek). I'm a fan of the Star Wars movies, since I saw the first one in 1978.
P.S.: In Uruguay, our inhabitants would say: "Well, let's drink some mates and tomorrow we'll see what happens. Today is holiday!..." :lol: :lol:

Last edited by danny_1960 on Mon 24 Jul 2017 19:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon 24 Jul 2017 15:27 pm 
Blue Star
Blue Star

"Benton, chap in black armour. 5 rounds rapid!"

PostPosted: Sat 29 Jul 2017 14:18 pm 
Bronze Bar
Bronze Bar

: Airfix Modelling SIG Member
Thank you for your kind comments and stopping by. It is pleasing to see that others share my childish glee at such silliness. :thumb:

PostPosted: Sun 30 Jul 2017 14:31 pm 
Blue Star
Blue Star

We are a lot, Captain, 50 years and up! :nod: