Airfix Logo

Humbrol Logo

The Airfix Tribute Forum was established in April 2006 to discuss the making of Airfix models.

Email: admin at airfixtributeforum.co.uk

It is currently Tue 26 Sep 2017 01:09 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue 21 Feb 2012 11:06 am 
Silver Star
Silver Star

I got given this for a birthday some years ago as I have always been a Star Wars fan. This is the first prepainted kit I have assembled and I was fairly impressed. I did need some glue to the fin holding the canopy in place and the engine pods were very loose so I whacked glue on them too. The pilot was very nicely detailed for this scale and may get cannibalised for a future project.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 21 Feb 2012 18:26 pm 
Site Owner

: Site Owner
: Administrator
: Group Build Guru
: Group Build Leader
: Model Portfolio
Gosh Image
Folk who complain about Airfix panel lines should look at those tramlines  :fear:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 22 Feb 2012 00:36 am 
Bronze Star
Bronze Star

Ratch:415741 wrote:
Folk who complain about Airfix panel lines should look at those tramlines  :fear:

To be fair, I think those are deliberate "surface texture to make it look interesting", not "panel lines".  Plus the "pocket" kits are intended more for their simplicity and small size rather than rigorous "accuracy".  Nevertheless, there is clearly some exaggeration going on ....

I'm not sure that the kit is actually 1/72 -- Revell do not specify.  According to Revell, the kit is 100mm long assembled.  According to Wookiepedia, the "Delta-7 Aethersprite-class light interceptor, more commonly known as the Jedi starfighter due to its extensive use by Jedi" is 8m long.  That's 1/80.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Delta-7_Aethersprite-class_light_interceptor

My Scale Model Profile: http://airfixtributeforum.myfastforum.org/sutra272058.php#272058

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 22 Feb 2012 11:35 am 
Silver Star
Silver Star

I guessed at the scale from looking at the pilot. Obi Wan was a short person so I thought he fitted in at 72nd.  :)  The panel lines are a bit overdone I thought but as this is more a 'toy' than a scale model I thought they were sufficient

I have an X-wing by Revell in a snap fit kit too which I am considering doing some work on to spice it up a bit. Need to find the time for it though.