Airfix Logo

Humbrol Logo

The Airfix Tribute Forum was established in April 2006 to discuss the making of Airfix models.

Email: admin at airfixtributeforum.co.uk

It is currently Fri 22 Sep 2017 12:38 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri 14 Oct 2011 20:00 pm 
ATF Founder
ATF Founder

: ATF Creator
: Administrator
: Group Build Leader
: Model Portfolio
: AMSIG Member
: ex-Royal Navy
These Galleries are to display finished model builds only. Work In Progress and Reference pictures should be posted in the appropriate forums.

Airfix Models
All Airfix model pictures should be posted in the Airfix Models Galleries in individual threads for each model according to Series/Model Number. So, all 1/48 Airfix Hurricanes (04102) should be together, all Airfix 1/72 Hawker Hurricane Mk I's (02082) together and so on. Please do not mix and match scale, subject and manufacturer as we want to be able to tie-in each model in the Picture Gallery with it's relevant entry in BAC's excellent History of Airfix Kits section.

So, if a thread exists for your particular model, then add your pictures to that thread. If a thread does not already exist for that model, then create one. Remember to include in your thread title - Airfix, Scale, Model Name, Series/Model Number. If you only have pictures of Airfix kits with other makes or a mix of scales, then make a separate thread. Do not post them in the individual model threads. Only include COMPLETED models in the Galleries.

Non-Airfix Models
In the same way as Airfix kits have threads for each model according to Series/Model Number, so the non-Airfix models will be the same but posted in the non-Airfix galleries. Only include COMPLETED models in the Galleries.

Exceptions
As always there are exceptions such as when a kit is re-tooled as a completely new kit and given the same number as the old one. In these cases, the kits should be in separate threads. Of course, this is not always obvious and does require some knowledge of the re-tooling. Sometimes kits are re-issued with a different number or moved up a series (a la Hudson).

Conversions
Where a kit has been modified or converted (apart from different decals or aftermarket detailing) then post them in a separate thread in the Airfix and non-Airfix sections as appropriate.

Reboxings of different Manufacturer's Models
Where the same kit has been available from different manufacturers (Airfix/Heller, Matchbox/Revell etc) then the kits should be split according to the boxings.

Members' Portolios
Members can post a picture of each of their completed builds in their very own porfolios.  See the Members' Portfolios Forum for more details viewforum.php?f=87.

Quality of Images
Please ensure that the pictures you put in the Picture Gallery are of good enough quality.  Some pictures being posted are too dark, out of focus, way too large, way too small etc. Not only are they bad for viewing but they will not be doing justice to your models. Before uploading the pictures put them through an image editor such as Photoshop, PaintShop Pro, Irfanview etc.  Remember to crop the pictures too so we don't have a huge picture showing a nice wall with a tiny model in one corner!

Number of Images
Unlike the Members Portfolios where you can only post one picture of each completed model, you can post multiple images in the Picture Gallery. Don't go mad though! Remember that too many pictures slows down the browsing and some poor souls are still using modem-connections! If you do have lots of very large pictures, then consider using  thumbnails or text links instead.

Attach File/Myff Forum Gallery
This facility is no longer available.

If in any doubt about any of these points then don't post but ask any of the Moderating Team or myself for advice.

[Last updated: 23rd November 2015]

My Portfolio + My Works in Progress + My Stash. "Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it." - Salvador Dali

Stash: 158. Built: 1967-1980: 250. 1981-2005: 4. 2006-2010: 52. 2011-2015: 119. 2016: 33. 2017: 9.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 20 Oct 2011 21:28 pm 
Site Owner

: Site Owner
: Administrator
: Group Build Guru
: Group Build Leader
: Model Portfolio
These galleries are not the places to post box art or works in progress - there are designated places for these  :rules:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]