Airfix Logo

Humbrol Logo

The Airfix Tribute Forum was established in April 2006 to discuss the making of Airfix models.

Email: admin at airfixtributeforum.co.uk

It is currently Thu 21 Sep 2017 22:09 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed 11 Jan 2017 19:59 pm 
Black Star
Black Star

: --------------------
I have just started the Airfix Aston Martin DB5 and am wondering if any one can give me any advice on building it i notice the floor pan might be difficult to fit for example
Cheers Sean :?

PostPosted: Wed 11 Jan 2017 20:07 pm 
Silver Star
Silver Star

Use the search function and look up '02406' the product number and have a look through. any information may be there.

PostPosted: Wed 11 Jan 2017 21:33 pm 
Green Star
Green Star

It's some time since I've built one of those, and I don't recall any particular problems with it. There is a technique to the body/floor pan; if you position the pan at an angle, as it were, pointing to the rear wheel arches and slide it into the body so the rear of the pan is located against the rear of the body shell, roughly in its correct position, then you have to spread the body sides open just a tad to facilitate the positioning of the pan around the front of the rear wheel arches. Then it may be necessary to spread the front wheel arches just enough for the pan to locate correctly all round.. Then apply cement along the sides between the front and rear wheel arches, it'll probably be a sufficiently snug fit elsewhere. It's not as complicated as it sounds honestly! It's similar to the Airfix 1/32 MGB if you've come across that in your travels.

PostPosted: Wed 22 Mar 2017 22:29 pm 
Black Star
Black Star

I have assembled every thing the only problem is trying to get the floor pan with interior in place is proving difficult. I have got rid of the mouldings under the bonnet but it looks like something is in the way of the dash board when you try to fit the floor in as something is stopping it.Am tempted to remove the top of the dash ,any one got any ideas please

PostPosted: Thu 23 Mar 2017 20:47 pm 
Black Star
Black Star

Have decided to remove the dash as it looks like it is located too far forward in the engine bay Damn