Airfix Logo

Humbrol Logo

The Airfix Tribute Forum was established in April 2006 to discuss the making of Airfix models.

Email: admin at airfixtributeforum.co.uk

It is currently Mon 26 Jun 2017 14:59 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed 11 Jun 2014 11:00 am 
Gold & Silver Stars
Gold & Silver Stars

: --------------------
: Administrator
: Airfix Modelling SIG Member
28vanelli's build will feature here

PostPosted: Thu 03 Sep 2015 23:37 pm 
Silver Star
Silver Star

: Group Build Leader
The building muse seems to be upon me at the mo (just finished my Matilda from an even earlier GB) so time to crack on with this one.
Bit embarrassing as the topic of this one was my suggestion so without further ado here's the box top:

and parts - dated 1967 on the bottom of one of the parts so just short of the half century:

It's a fairly old boxing so I thought it'd be fairly flash free. Some tidying up has been required which is why it took a little time to put together the first few bits.
I'm also wondering when to start painting as some wheels will be hard to reach when assembled, as will the frmaes underneath said wheels. I'll peruse some of the other threads and see what others have done.

My Portfolio
My WIP

PostPosted: Sun 05 Mar 2017 21:56 pm 
Silver Star
Silver Star

: Group Build Leader
And, just like that, the mojo is back. Maybe it's something to do with this kit celebrating its fiftieth birthday this year.

Some progress made and the best news so far is that, unlike the Stug I finished recently, the main body hasn't warped so it's going together quite nicely at the moment.
Only flash issues seems to be inside the wheels, which is a little tricky to get at. Once they're tidied up I'll undercoat them and get them painted black. Pretty much everything else is described as 'Buff', which seems to correspond to Hu74 (Linen) so it won't be the trickiest of paintjobs.

Have undercoated the personnel and am just wondering what to do for their skin colour. If they'd been out there for a while then Hu61 (Flesh) won't quite cut it, but what to choose so as to still ensure a contrast between their skin and their uniforms. Hmm... :think:

My Portfolio
My WIP