Airfix Logo

Humbrol Logo

The Airfix Tribute Forum was established in April 2006 to discuss the making of Airfix models.

Email: admin at airfixtributeforum.co.uk

It is currently Mon 21 Aug 2017 05:24 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Roden IBG
PostPosted: Sat 06 May 2017 17:02 pm 
Black Star
Black Star

: --------------------
I purchased the 'NEW' Roden FWD Model B 3-ton & BL 8-inch howitzer MK. VI at the Milton Keynes (713) show some 2 week ago.
I had read about it the night before in one of the modelling magazines & thought it was unusual enough for me. It has been also advertised in another mag as a new item.
Sorry to say if this is new they want the manufacturer of their moulds seriously :angryfire: & also the person that put the instructions together another :angryfire: .
All the sprues (therefore all the parts) had seam lines, lots of flash, sink holes, ejector pin marks & some very poor definition in the mouldings. The instructions are a joke, in the first 3 sections the axles & front leaf springs are the wrong numbering and parts are not numbered as per the instructions.
In general a very poor 'NEW' offering from a company that I have had a good few good kits from.

Now that's off my chest :wow: has anyone tried any of the IBG 1/72 kits. I got the set of Toldi tanks cheap and they were superb to put together & crisply detailed.....well recommended.

Spud

Post subject: Re: Roden IBG
PostPosted: Fri 07 Jul 2017 22:06 pm 
Green Star
Green Star

I thought Roden was nothing to do with IBG ?

PostPosted: Tue 11 Jul 2017 17:12 pm 
Black Star
Black Star

Roden Hasn't anything to do with IBG, the question was a follow on from getting off my chest that particular Roden rubbish kit. But I have just completed the Attack kits 'Schwere Panzerspahwagen Sdkfz 234 2Puchs"' And that was basically a Roden kit with Resin turret & metal barrels. That was a fairly decent kit apart from the exhaust was just a lump. I would like to show some images of the completed kit but I can't figure out how to add images :cry:

PostPosted: Sat 15 Jul 2017 11:22 am 
Green Star
Green Star

Spud, to post photos you need to be registered with one of those photo hosting sites, like Photobucket, as no direct photo posting from your PC can be done on this site!

PostPosted: Sat 15 Jul 2017 12:57 pm 
Site Owner

: Site Owner
: Administrator
: Group Build Guru
: Group Build Leader
: Model Portfolio
How to post pictures

PostPosted: Sat 29 Jul 2017 18:11 pm 
Black Star
Black Star

cheers for the info about uploading pics, don't think I'll bother, I am not a techie so point and click or nothing, Would rather use the time to make models :D . I can do it on face book so easily and sent stuff to MAFVA via email

PostPosted: Wed 02 Aug 2017 20:12 pm 
Green Star
Green Star

I have recently heard off another site that the likes of Photobucket no longer wish users to use their site as a means of posting photos on other Forums, so over time they may pull the plug and some of the great photos on this site and other will go forever.