Airfix Logo

Humbrol Logo

The Airfix Tribute Forum was established in April 2006 to discuss the making of Airfix models.

Email: admin at airfixtributeforum.co.uk

It is currently Thu 17 Aug 2017 00:30 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Rules for using the ATF can be found here. Other threads within this forum also provide important advice. Please acquaint yourself with them on a regular basis as they are subject to change.

Post subject: Re: Mind Your Language
PostPosted: Wed 21 Dec 2016 18:46 pm 
Silver Star
Silver Star

:lol: :lol: :lol: wingnut, never tell a Zimbabwean he has a South African accent, they can get quite upset about it. Is that the same with Kiwis and Aussies?

PostPosted: Wed 21 Dec 2016 22:33 pm 
Gold & Bronze Stars
Gold & Bronze Stars

: --------------------
Thanks for the advice Spaceman. We have to poke fun at the Kiwi's as we cannot beat them at anything else!(especially the Rugby)(I love to watch the All Blacks doing the Haka).
Mike

PostPosted: Fri 23 Dec 2016 05:36 am 
Red Star
Red Star

spaceman wrote:
never tell a Zimbabwean he has a South African accent, they can get quite upset about it. Is that the same with Kiwis and Aussies?
I wouldn't say I get upset but I do laugh as our accents are very different. Kiwi's have a peculiar pronunciation especially for words like "foosh" (Fish), "chups" (Chips) and "sux" (six).

PostPosted: Fri 23 Dec 2016 08:01 am 
Gold & Bronze Stars
Gold & Bronze Stars

Actually I've found Kiwi's pronounce six as sex, (have fun with a female Kiwi workmate). Actually the different state of Australia, have different accents too. Listen how Paul Hogan speaks, and listen to the Neighbours characters, and if you see an old documentary with Steve Irwin, you have N.S.W., Victorian, and Queensland accents.
Mike

PostPosted: Fri 23 Dec 2016 08:23 am 
Red Star
Red Star

Yeah I found it hard to write it in a way that really made it sound accurate, it does sound a bit like sex but it still has that odd accent so it's not how everyone else says the word!

Hoges has that typical Aussie accent that you don't hear too much anymore. On a slight tangent I knew a bloke who did Personal Security for Irwin and what you saw on TV was the way he was all the time!

PostPosted: Wed 29 Mar 2017 22:26 pm 
Site Owner

: Site Owner
: Administrator
: Group Build Guru
: Group Build Leader
: Model Portfolio
If you make a conscious decision to replace letters with asterisks you are knowingly breaking this rule :naughty:
Rules:279808 wrote:
Prohibited Conduct
Violation of these rules is grounds can lead to temporary suspension or banning permanently - without warning!

No profanity in subject lines, posts, signatures or avatars. This includes thinly veiled attempts to defeat the word filters by using asterisks or other characters to replace letters in profane, obscene, or vulgar words.