Airfix Logo

Humbrol Logo

The Airfix Tribute Forum was established in April 2006 to discuss the making of Airfix models.

Email: admin at airfixtributeforum.co.uk

It is currently Fri 18 Aug 2017 23:18 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Rules for using the ATF can be found here. Other threads within this forum also provide important advice. Please acquaint yourself with them on a regular basis as they are subject to change.

PostPosted: Sun 30 Jul 2017 13:36 pm 
Green Star
Green Star

: --------------------
For flickr you need a mobile phone. During the registration process you will get a message on your phone that you have to confirm. So, if yo don't own a mobile phone or if you don't want to tell flickr the number of your mobile phone, it's not for you.

I once tried Google, but they rename the file even with the ending .jpg, so that the software of this forum can't identify the file as an image. I don't know if it is still like that. So check it out with one photo first.

Now I have an account at imgur. It is a bit confusing at the start, but you can create albums for organizing your pictures (with an account only). And you get very short links to embed the pictures in this forum.

Edit Google:
I don't remember if I had the Google link in [img] brackets as you need it for BBCode. So perhaps it was my fault that it didn't work.

Edit imgur:
I've got a routine meanwhile and it is very easy, especially because they offer a bulk upload.

Last edited by paul-muc on Thu 03 Aug 2017 20:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun 30 Jul 2017 17:00 pm 
Bronze Star
Bronze Star

Flickr must have changed their rules then. I have a mobile but don't use it for anything other than voice calls, so I would not have given its details when I opened my account. That doesn't seem to stop them communicating with me quite effectively by e-mail - I quite enjoy their messages saying that people I follow have uploaded new photos, everything from all types of models to wildlife and architecture, but mainly trains and trams (new and old). Also I'm nowhere near using my 1TB of free storage, and not likely to get there this lifetime. Thoroughly recommended.

PostPosted: Sat 05 Aug 2017 18:14 pm 
Green Star
Green Star

: --------------------
This may help:

At the UATF I've found a workaround that is very useful.

When you edit in this forum your post with links to PhotoBucket pics, at the end of he link you may insert between .jpg and [/img]
~original
so it looks like
.jpg~original[/img]

It works, good luck!