Airfix Logo

Humbrol Logo

The Airfix Tribute Forum was established in April 2006 to discuss the making of Airfix models.

Email: admin at airfixtributeforum.co.uk

It is currently Thu 27 Jul 2017 03:44 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 39  Next
 Post subject: DaveCov's Portfolio
PostPosted: Fri 21 Jul 2006 09:42 am 
ATF Founder
ATF Founder

: ATF Creator
: Administrator
: Group Build Leader
: Model Portfolio
: AMSIG Member
: ex-Royal Navy
Here you will find pictures of models I have made since my return to modelling in October 2004 having been absent from the hobby for 25 years.  I'm still trying to pick up from where I left off, but I can't get used to the fact that the models cost a bit more nowadays!  I dabbled with a few kits (and scratch-builds) for the first year but didn't actually complete any of them!  I then left them and built the Heller 1/400 Scharnhorst for Airfix.  I didn't complete my own first model (Airfix 1/48 Hawker Hurricane) until a week after Scharnhorst.

I am most comfortable making warships but as you can see, I have tried my hands at other subjects. Some builds have been successful, others less so , some should be have remained hidden and some have!  :oops: Still, that is all part of the modelling experience. Quite a few kits are near completion and some of them require very little work on them.  For some reason I just can't bear to touch them though! :?

So, warts and all, here are my builds......  Feel free to add your comments.

BTW, most older pictures are thumbnails linked to larger pictures.

Dave

Last edited by DaveCov on Mon 29 Nov 2010 11:47 am, edited 13 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 10 Aug 2006 22:44 pm 
ATF Founder
ATF Founder

Completed Models
Models are listed in this thread in order of date they were completed. However, in this particular post, they are displayed with the oldest at the bottom, latest at the top. Hopefully, there will be signs of improvement as the number of builds increases!

Latest update to my portfolio: 17th July 2017

Dapol OO/HO Stephenson's Rocket (C046)
The fourth of four builds I made for the 2017 Railway GB. Built OOB. You can read about the build here You can see more pictures in the Picture Gallery here.

Dapol OO/HO Scammell Scarab (C033)
The third of four builds I made for the 2017 Railway GB. Built OOB with the exception of windows which were glazed using acetate and a rhinestone used to represent the front light. You can read about the build here. You can see more pictures in the Picture Gallery here.

Dapol OO/HO General Stores (C019)
A straightforward OOB build. All windows were glazed using the acetate provided in the Dapol kit. Window displays were glued to plastic card bases to allow them to be removed/changed if necessary. It was built for the ATF 2017 Railway Group Build and you can read about the build here. You can see more pictures in the Picture Gallery here.

Airfix 1/24 Hawker Hurricane Mk1 (14002)
A straightforward build. It was built for the ATF 2017 11th Anniversary Group Build and you can read about the build here. National markings were painted using Montex Super Mask - Hurricane Mk I Airfix (K24018). Aftermarket items used were Airscale Instrument Panel Decals (AS24 HUA), Eduard 1/24 RAF WWII Seatbelts (23005) and the Aviaeology Hawker Hurricane Stencil Decal Set (AOD24S04). Spinner was scratchbuilt. You can see more pictures in the Picture Gallery here.

Airfix OO BR Mogul (04653-0)
Brass handrail knobs and smokedoor darts were added. They were made by Alan Gibson (Workshop) and I used Fox Transfers lining decals. It was built for the ATF 2017 Railway Group Build and you can read about the build here. You can see more pictures in the Picture Gallery here.

Airfix 1/72 Avro Lancaster B.III (08003)
This particular kit came in a BBMF boxing. I fitted some PE and used XtraDecal X054-72 for the decals, portraying machine HW-N2 RE118 "Naughty Nan". Wing striping was Xtradecal striping decals as the kit decals were beyond repair. It was built for the ATF 2017 Lancaster Group Build and you can read about the build here. You can see more pictures in the Picture Gallery here.

Matchbox 1/72 de Havilland Canada DHC-6 Twin Otter (PK-127)
An OOB build although I bought decals to portray one of the Twin Otters that lands on An Tràigh Mhòr beach on the Outer Hebridean island of Barra. Decals came from 26 Decals but unfortunately, the registration lettering for one of the Barra machines is incorrect. Registration G-BFZP should have been G-BZFP and a quick snip of the scissors corrected the problem. I also used some white stripe decals on the underside. You can see more pictures in the Gallery.

Airfix 1/600 RMS Queen Elizabeth (What-if Conversion) (06203)

It was built for the ATF 2017 "What-If" Group Build and you can read about the build here. You can see more pictures in the Gallery.

Airfix 1/144 Vickers VC-10 (04026)
This was the tanker version of the VC-10 which was converted into a BOAC Super VC-10 using the Braz engines, leading edges and fuselage plugs. Wing fences were fashioned from plastic card. BOAC decals came from 26Decals. You can see more pictures in the Picture Gallery.

Airfix 1/76 Scammell Tank Transporter (A02301)
An OOB build apart from the addition of acetate windows. It was built for the ATF 2016 Wheeled Military Vehicle (Army) Group Build and you can read about the build here. You can see more pictures in the Gallery.

Airfix 1/72 Grumman TBM-3 Avenger (03033)
This particular issue came with the VJ-Day Set (08672). It was going to be an OOB build but the kit decals were awful so I replaced them with decals from the Xtradecal set Yanks with Roundels Pt 3 - U.S. Aircraft in the Fleet Air Arm (X72142). I then decided to add a QuickBoost radar pod, bulged windows from an Academy kit and scratchbuilt exhausts. It was built for the ATF 2016 "The Grumman Ironworks" Group Build and you can read about the build here. You can see more pictures in the Gallery.

Airfix 1/72 Grumman F6F-3/5 Hellcat (02023)
This particular issue came with the VJ-Day Set (08672). It was an OOB build but with decals from the Xtradecal set Yanks with Roundels Pt 3 - U.S. Aircraft in the Fleet Air Arm (X72142). It was built for the ATF 2016 "The Grumman Ironworks" Group Build and you can read about the build here. You can see more pictures in the Gallery.

Airfix 1/24 Junkers Ju-87 B-2 Stuka (18002-7)

I included some extra detail in the aft section of the fuselage (including stringers and a first aid compartment and fitted a Eduard Luftwaffe harness to the pilot's seat. National markings and snakes were painted using Montex mask sheet K24035. It was built for the ATF 2016 Stuka Group Build and you can read about the build here. You can see more pictures in the Gallery.

Matchbox 1/72 McDonnell F-101F Voodoo (PK-411)
A straightforward OOB build of the CF-101B version. Decals were a pleasure to apply considering their age but the undercarriage is really flimsy and prone to damage or snapping off! You can see more pictures in the Gallery

Airfix OO Saddle Tank 0-4-0 (02660-2)

Airfix OO Saddle Tank J94 0-6-0 (R205)
These two locos were made for the ATF 2016 Railways Group Build and you can read about these builds here. Decals were very poor due to their age. The J94 Locomotive handrails were replaced with brass rod. Other than that, both locos were built OOB.

Dapol OO/HO BR 10 Ton Meat Van (C041)

Airfix OO Cattle Wagon (R5)

Dapol OO Brake Van (C038)

Airfix OO/HO BR ESSO Tank Wagon (R1)

These were made for the ATF 2016 Railways Group Build and you can read about these builds here. Decals were very poor due to their age apart from the Dapol Meat Wagon decals which were excellent. Brake Van handrails were replaced with brass and plastic rod.

Airfix HO/OO Signal Box (03610-0)
This was made for the ATF 2016 Railways Group Build. I used the Ratio Signal Box Interior Set (553) for most of the internal detailing and the fire buckets came from Bachmann. Handrails were made from plastic rod and glazing was made from acetate and white decal striping. You can read about the build here. You can see additional pictures in the Picture Gallery

Airfix 1/12 Black Prince (02502-7)
A straightforward OOB build which was made for the ATF 10th Anniversary Group Build. You can read about the build here. You can see additional pictures in the Picture Gallery

Airfix 1/600 The Rommel (02202)
A straightforward OOB build which was made for the ATF 10th Anniversary Group Build. You can read about the build here. You can see additional pictures in the Picture Gallery

Airfix 1/72 Bell P-39Q Airacobra (A01039)
This was built for the Airfix 2016 Captain Eric M Brown Memorial Group Build as Airacobra I AH574 which Winkle Brown flew in another aviation first - first retractable tricyle landing gear aircraft to land on an aircraft carrier. It was brush-painted and I used aftermarket wheels from Aires and Balkan Models Winglet 1 decals. You can read about the build here. You can see additional pictures in the Picture Gallery

Airfix 1/32 Crusader (08301-4)

Airfix 1/600 HMS Belfast (A04212)
An OOB build with the addition of decal striping for the boot-topping. It was built for the ATF 2016 World War 2 Royal Navy Ships GB and you can read all about the build here. You can see additional pictures in the Picture Gallery

Airfix 1/72 Saab Draken (02039)
You can see more pictures in the Picture Gallery. The kit cockpit canopy was missing and I had to order a Pavla replacement which is not the best of fits. I had problems with the kit decals due to their age and had to use Flying Colors Aero FCASR710 decals instead. You can see a few build photos in my WIP thread, here.

Airfix 1/72 Fiat G91 (106)
You can see more pictures in the Picture Gallery. I also had problems with this kit's decals due and used Xtradecal X72175 decals instead. You can see a few build photos in my WIP thread, here.

Matchbox 1/76 Montys Caravan (PK-175)
You can see more pictures in the Picture Gallery. You can see a few build photos in my WIP thread, here.

Airfix 1/72 Westland Whirlwind HAS Mk22 (02056)
You can see more pictures in the Picture Gallery. You can see a few build photos in my WIP thread, here.

Airfix 1/72 DHC Chipmunk T10 (134)
You can see more pictures in the Picture Gallery. You can see some build photos in my WIP thread, here.

Airfix 1/72 Supermarine Spitfire Mk1a (01071)
It was made for the ATF 2016 Spitfire GB and was built OOB. You can read about the build here. More pictures in the Airfix 2016 Spitfire GB Picture Gallery and the ATF Military Aircraft Picture Gallery

Pegasus 1/72 Ryan FR1 Fireball (2002)
A quick OOB build. A rather clunky affair with way-too-thick trailing and leading edges to everything! Panel lines are well done though. It comes with a white metal undercarriage that is pretty awful but I chose to build it wheels-up. The decals are excellent although there are no instructions as to where they should be applied. You can see more pictures in the Picture Gallery. You can see some build photos in my WIP thread, here.

Airfix 1/76 RAF Refuelling Set (A03302)
The AEC Matador had "glazing" fitted to the cab, while the Bedford QL has had a bit of work done on the top to look like a wartime vehicle and not post-war as depicted by the Airfix kit.

Airfix 1/72 Beagle Basset 206 (02025-5)
Not a bad little kit although I had a lot of problems with the decals (especially the fuselage stripes that I left off in the end). The glossy anti-dazzle panel should have been matted down before the photos were taken but that has now been done. You can see more pictures in the Picture Gallery.

Frog 1/72 DH Hornet F.Mk3 (F239)
An OOB build of the old Frog Hornet that still scrubs up well. You can see more pictures in the Picture Gallery.

Airfix 1/72 Piper Cherokee Arrow II (01060-5)
Another lovely little kit. Unfortunately, the decals had yellowed beyond repair which had an effect on the blue of the decals, turning it green. You can see more pictures in the Picture Gallery.

Heller 1/72 Caudron C.635 Simoun (80208)
A lovely little kit. Unfortunately, my tin of H52 Baltic Blue was awful and so I replaced it with H222 Moonlight Blue. Definitely not the right colour but it produced a pleasing result. You can see more pictures in the Picture Gallery.

Eastern Express 1/72 Navy Interceptor DH110 Sea Vixen FAW-2 (72284)
The fragile decals almost had me in tears of frustration and it is a worthy candidate for re-decalling in the future! You can see more pictures in the Picture Gallery.

Revell 1/72 Hien "Tony" (H-261)
A quick OOB build of the Revell 1/72 Hien "Tony" (H-261). This was also an original 60's boxed issue which has been "de-rivetted". The decals were like cardboard and would not lay very well. In hindsight I would have been better to have painted the white surrounds to the meatballs. You can see more pictures in the Picture Gallery.

Airfix 1/72 P-47 Thunderbolt (125)
A quick OOB build of the Airfix 1/72 P-47 Thunderbolt (125). This was an original 60's polybag issue which has been "de-rivetted". You can see more pictures in the Picture Gallery.

Airfix 1/72 Gloster Gladiator (01002)
This is a 1987 boxing of the much older Gloster Gladiator tooling. I cut out the moulded pilot and added a seat, instrument panel and a pilot. Rigging was done with elasticated thread. You can see more pictures in the Picture Gallery.

ESCI 1/72 Merkava (8323)
An OOB build of the ESCI/ETRL 1/72 Merkava (8323) with added brass rod aerials. Link and length tracks were a bit of a pain! With hindsight, I should have put some bits and bobs in the turret stowage rack. You can see more pictures in the Picture Gallery.

Novo 1/72 Gloster Whittle E28/39 'Pioneer' (F174)
A brush-painted build with plastic card instrument panel added. Decals came from the High Planes kit of the same subject. You can see more pictures in the Picture Gallery.

Matchbox 1/72 T-2C/E Buckeye (PK-42)
This was an OOB build which was partly airbrushed and partly brush-painted. You can see more pictures in the Picture Gallery.

S&M 1/144 Vickers Viscount 800 (SMK44-01)
This was an OOB build of a very clunky kit with poor fitting parts and two fuselage halves that were banana-shaped. You can see more pictures in the Picture Gallery.

Heller 1/200 Bodasteinur (80608)
A quick OOB build with some weathering. You can see more pictures in the Picture Gallery.

Airfix 1/76 Josef Stalin IS-3 Tank (A01307)
Another quick OOB build. You can see more pictures in the Picture Gallery.

Airfix 1/72 Brewster Buffalo F2A-2 (02050)
A quick brush-painted build. It was so quick because I never used any filler to resolve gap issues nor did I remove the excessive rivets as I normally do. The decals were very brittle and kept breaking up and were a real test of my patience! You can see more pictures in the Picture Gallery.

Airfix 1/32 M3 Grant (08365-8)
It was made for the ATF 2015 9th Anniversary GB and was built OOB. You can read about the build here. You can see more pictures in the Picture Gallery.

Airfix 1/48 Supermarine Seafire FR46/47 (07106)
It was made for the ATF 2015 9th Anniversary GB and uses the Aires Airfix Seafire FR46/47 Cockpit Set (4311) and the Aires 1/48 Seafire FR46/47 Engine Set (4323). It also has the Rob-Taurus Airfix Seafire Mk47 Canopy (48044). You can read about the build here. You can see more pictures in the Picture Gallery.

Airfix 1/72 Fiat G.50 Freccia (01046-9)
This was a OOB build painted with a hairy stick and a piece of sponge. You can see more pictures in the Picture Gallery.

Revell 1/72 Macchi MC.200 Saetta (H-657)
Another OOB build which was brush painted. You can see more pictures in the Picture Gallery.

Airfix 1/72 Vought F4U-D Corsair (02054)
A quick OOB build put together over three days. You can see more pictures in the Picture Gallery.

Airfix 1/600 HMS Nelson (04203)
A quick OOB build put together over 48 hours. You can see more pictures in the Picture Gallery.

Airfix 1/72 Mil Mi-24 Hind A/D (05023)
Originally, this was a second-hand, badly painted (but unbuilt) model I bought on eBay. After a lot of paint removal and TLC, this is the result. You can see more pictures in the Picture Gallery.

Airfix 1/72 Mitsubishi Ki-46 II "Dinah" (A02016)
It was made for the ATF 2014 Twin-Prop Twin-Engined GB and was made OOB and brush-painted. You can read about the build here. You can see more pictures in the Picture Gallery.

Airfix 1/72 MiG 21 (02024)
This was another quick OOB build which was airbrushed overall with the various contrasting panels painted with a brush. More pictures can be seen in the Picture Gallery.

Airfix 1/76 Crusader Cruiser Tank (02310)
It was a quick OOB build with only brass rod aerials added and some weathering courtesy of Tamiya Weathering Pastels. More pictures can be seen in the Picture Gallery.

Tamiya 1/35 Panzer II F/G (35009)
An OOB build that I knocked out in a couple of days. More pictures can be seen in the Picture Gallery.

Special Hobby 1/72 Heinkel He 178 V-2 (72192)
Another OOB build. More pictures can be seen in the Picture Gallery.

Airfix 1/144 Boeing 737-200 (03181)
This was built as part of the 2014 2nd Civil Aircraft GB and you can read about the build here. More pictures can be seen in the Picture Gallery.

Airfix 1/72 Mirage 2000 (03061)
An OOB build but with the addition of Xtradecal decals (sheet X049-72) portraying a French CEAM "Tiger" machine at RIAT Fairford 1997. More pictures can be seen in the Picture Gallery.

Airfix 1/12 1930 4.5 Litre Supercharged Bentley (20440)
This was built as part of the ATF 8th Anniversary Group Build and you can read about the build here. More pictures can be seen in the Picture Gallery.

Scratch-built 1/350 HMS Queen Elizabeth (N/A)
This was a scratch-build of HMS Queen Elizabeth in 1/350 scale. It was a build commissioned by the Royal Navy. More pictures in the Picture Gallery.

XtraKit 1/72 Hawker Hunter T.7 (XK72013)
My take on the XtraKit 1/72 T.7 Hawker Hunter built as the T.8 XL580 "Admiral's Barge". More pictures in the Picture Gallery.

Mirage 1/350 HMS Anchusa (K-186) Flower Class Corvette (350801)
A straightforward OOB build. More pictures in the Gallery, here.

Airfix 1/72 Hawker Hunter FGA.9 (02073)
Straightforward OOB build although the decals were a pain to get to lay correctly. More pictures in the Gallery, here.

Airfix 1/72 Grumman Widgeon/Gosling (A01073)
Not one of my favourite builds. I had fond memories of building this in my early teens. Unfortunately, re-visiting this recent reboxing of the kit was a nightmare. Ill fitting parts and poorly moulded, it should really be consigned to the bin. The only point of note in it's favour is that it is the tenth build I have completed this year - equalling the total for the whole of last year. More pictures in the Gallery, here.

Airfix 1/72 Auster AOP VI/Auster Antarctic (9 61069)
This was the AOP VI boxing, but I decided to make it look like the Auster Antarctic version on floats. Unfortunately, I didn't have the full set of decals for the Antarctic version. More pictures in the Gallery, here.

Matchbox 1/72 Dornier Do28 Skyservant (PK-107)
This was the original Matchbox boxing made in the alternate scheme provided - Swedish Red Cross Flying Doctor Service, Fernando Poo Island (Biafra/Nigeria) 1969. Not one of my finest builds which was beset with problems including being dropped and broken twice! More pictures in the Gallery, here.

Airfix 1/72 Hawker Hurricane/Sea Hurricane MkIIc (A02096)
This was built as part of the ATF 2014 Airfix Hawker Hurricane Group Build. You can read about this build here. More pictures in the Gallery, here.

Hasegawa 1/72 Japanese Army Starter Truck Toyota GB (MB-017)
Built OOB and painted with a hairy stick. You can see more pictures in the Gallery.

Airfix 1/72 Gloster Meteor III (02038-1)
It has been converted to a Trent-powered machine using the Unicraft Models resin conversion kit and painted with a hairy stick. Decals from Modeldecals. The conversion kit included props, engine nacelle halves, engine intakes, tail fins and canopy. You can see more pictures in the Gallery.

Roden 1/72 Petrochy-Karman-Zurovec PKZ-2 (008)
It has been built OOB. You can see more pictures in the Gallery .

Airfix 1/48 BAE Warrior (A07300)
It has been built using the Photo Etch Accessory Pack produced by Airfix (A65004) and the figures are adapted from the Airfix 1/48 British Forces Vehicle Crew Set(A03702). It was built for an ATF Build Review and you can follow the build here . You can see more pictures in the Gallery .

Airfix 1/144 DH Comet 4B (04176)
It was built for the 2014 Civil Aircraft GB and you can follow the build here . You can see more pictures in the Gallery .

Airfix 1/1 Robins - Erithacus Rubecula (04830-5)
More pictures in the Picture Gallery, here .

Airfix 1/600 Prinz Eugen (A05203)
It was built for the 2013 Kriegsmarine GB and you can follow the build here . You can see more pictures in the Gallery .

Airfix 1/32 1910 B-Type Omnibus (06443)
This is a conversion of the double-decker Ole Bill Bus to a single-decker but it is not based on a particular vehicle. You can see a demo of this build in the Conversion Corner and you can see more pictures in the Picture Gallery .

N/K 1/840 Sea Quest North Sea Oil Rig (N/A)
You can see more pictures in the Picture Gallery .

Airfix 1/72 F-104G Starfighter (9 02011)

Airfix 1/72 F-5A Freedom Fighter (00043)

Airfix 1/72 Messerschmitt Bf109G-6 (A50037)
This was built for the ATF 2013 My First* Airfix Kit Group Build and you can read the build here . You can see more pictures in the Picture Gallery .

Airfix 1/76 Sheridan Tank (02311)
This was built for the ATF 7th Anniversary Group Build and you can read the build here . You can see more pictures in the Picture Gallery .

Airfix 1/32 Triumph Herald (A55201)
This was build for the ATF 7th Anniversary Group Build and you can read the build here . You can see more pictures in the Picture Gallery .

Airfix 1/350 HMS Daring (A12203)
I did an ATF OOB build review of this kit and you can read the review here . More pictures in the Picture Gallery

Airfix 1/72 P.1127 (00033)
You can see more pictures in the gallery .

Airfix 1/76 King Tiger "What-If" (A03310)
This was build as part of the ATF What-if Group Build and you can follow it's build here . You can see more pictures in the Picture Gallery

Dapol 00/HO Deltic Prototype (C9)
You can see more pictures in the Picture Gallery

Airfix 1/76 King Tiger (A03310)
This was build as part of the ATF King Tiger Group Build and you can follow it's build here . You can see more pictures in the Picture Gallery

Airfix 1/48 Messerschmitt Bf109E-1/E-3/E-4 (A05120)

Airfix 1/72 Messerschmitt Bf109E-4/E-7 (A02048A)

Airfix 1/600 SS France (06202-2)
You can follow it's build here . You can see more pictures in the Picture Gallery

Airfix 1/32 Rommel's Half-Track (06360)
This was built as part of the ATF El Alamein 70th Anniversary Group Build and you can follow it's build here . You can see more pictures in the Picture Gallery

Airfix 1/24 Lamborghini Countach LP500S (05404)
This was built as part of the ATF 2012 Airfix Cars Group Build and you can follow it's build here. You can see more pictures in the Picture Gallery

Airfix 1/24 Maserati Merak SS (05412)
This was built as part of the ATF 2012 Airfix Cars Group Build and you can follow it's build here . You can see more pictures in the Picture Gallery

Airfix 1/72 RA-5C Vigilante (04012-5)
This was built as part of the Airfix 2012 Naval Aviation Group Build and you can follow it's build here . You can see more pictures in the Picture Gallery

Airfix 1/24 Bugatti EB110 (06420)
This was built as part of the ATF 2012 Airfix Cars Group Build and you can follow it's build here . You can see more pictures in the Picture Gallery

Airfix 1/72 Sam-2 Guideline (03303-5)
This was built as part of the ATF 6th Anniversary GB and you can follow it's build here . You can see more pictures in the Picture Gallery

Airfix 1/144 Handley Page HP42 (03172)
This was built as part of the Diamond Jubilee GB and you can follow it's build here . You can see more pictures in the Picture Gallery

Revell 1/72 Heinkel He 100D (4142)
OOB build with addition of aftermarket Swastikas. More pictures can be found in the Picture Gallery, here .

Airfix 1/72 Commonwealth CA-13 Boomerang (02099)
Straightforward "quick" OOB build. You can see more pictures in the Picture Gallery

Airfix 1/76 Churchill Crocodile Tank (A02321)
This was built as part of the Churchill Tank GB and you can follow it's build here . You can see more pictures in the Picture Gallery

Airfix 1/600 Free Enterprise II (F201S)
Made as part of the ATF 6th Anniversary Group Build and you can see the build here . More pictures in the Gallery .

Heller 1/72 Focke-Wulf Fw 190 A8/F3 (80235)
More pictures in the Gallery .

Airfix 1/32 Morris Cowley 1923 (1410)
Made as part of the Diamond Jubilee Group Build and you can see the build here . More pictures in the Gallery .

Airfix 1/72 Roland C11 (9-61040)
Made as part of the Airfix WW1 Aircraft Group Build and you can see the build here . More pictures in the Gallery .

Airfix 1/600 RMS Queen Elizabeth 2 (06203)

Airfix OO/HO Prairie Tank (04655-6)
Made as part of the 2012 Railway Group Build and you can see the build here . More pictures in the Gallery .

PM Models 1/72 Hawker Sea Fury FB11 (PM-211)

Airfix 1/76 Crusader Tank (02310)

Airfix 1/72 Aichi D3A1 Val (A02014)
This was built as part of the Airfix Pearl Harbour Special Group Build and you can see the build here . More pictures in the Gallery .

Emhar 1/72 A7V "Sturmpanzer" (5003)

KP Models Avia B.35 (8)

Revell 1/24 Vodafone McLaren Mercedes MP4-25 "Jenson Button" (07097)
You can see more pictures in the Gallery

Revell 1/25 Volkswagen T3 "Camper" (07344)
You can see more pictures in the Gallery

Hawk Classics N/K Davey The Way Out Cyclist (16002)
Pictures can also be seen in the Gallery, here .

Academy 1/300 XB-70 Valkyrie (2101)

PM Models 1/72 Lippisch P.13a (PM-224)

PM Models 1/72 Messerschmitt Me P-1111 (PM-217)

PM Models 1/72 Horten Ho-229 A-1 (Ho-IX) (PM-210)

Airfix 1/72 Angel Interceptor (A02026)
Converted to a Zwilling version. Built as part of the Airfix Angel Interceptor Group Build and you can see more pictures in my build thread here . Pictures can also be seen in the Gallery, here .

Airfix 1/76 Cromwell IV (A02338)
This was built in the Cromwell Group Build and you can see it's build here . More pictures in the Picture Gallery here .

Airfix 1/72 Angel Interceptor (A02026)
Built as part of the Airfix 2011 What-If Group Build and you can see more pictures in my build thread here . Pictures can also be seen in the Gallery, here .

Airfix 1/72 BAC TSR2 (A08011)
Built as part of the Airfix 2011 What-If Group Build and you can see more pictures in my build thread here . Pictures can also been seen in the Airfix 2011 What-If Group Build Gallery, here

Airfix 1/12 London Icons (A50131)

Airfix 1/72 HDL Hovercraft SR-N1 (02007-7)

Airfix 1/72 Leopard Tank (9-02306)

KP Models 1/72 Yak-23 (18)

Revell 1/72 Challenger 1 (03183)
Built OOB but with ExtraTech photo-etch added. This was built as part of the Revell-ations Inaugral Group Build and the build can be followed here . Pictures can also be seen in the Gallery, here .

Airfix 1/12 Anne Boleyn (02502)

Revell 1/72 Sturmgeschutz IV (03182)

Airfix Beam Engine (A05870)

Airfix 1/32 Ford Escort (A50091)
Built as part of the Airfix Cars 2011 GB. You can see the build here . Pictures can also be seen in the Gallery, here .

Hasegawa "Egg Plane" Space Shuttle (60106)

HobbyBoss 1/72 Czech Zlin Z-142 (80282)
This was one of my first attempts at airbrushing for about 35 years. More pictures can be found in the Gallery .

Airfix 1/76 75mm Assault Gun (01306)
Built OOB but with the addition of scratch-built Schurzen and the gun replaced with the Airfix Pak 40 job. You can see more pictures in the Picture Gallery

Airfix 1/76 German Armoured Car Sd.Kfz.234 (A01311)
First time I have ever built this particular model. I replaced the gun with one from a Matador Models StuG Set and scratched the mudguards from plastic card. You can see more pictures in the Picture Gallery

Airfix 1/76 Opel Blitz (A02315)

Airfix 1/76 Centurion Tank (02307) converted to Mk III
Built as part of a Group Build . Pictures can also be seen in the Gallery, here .

Airfix 1/76 Chieftain Tank (02305)

Airfix 1/76 Panzer IV (A02308)

Airfix 1/76 Reconnaissance Set (A02312)

Airfix 1/43 Land Rover (01411)

Airfix 1/72 RAF Rescue Launch (05281)

Airfix 1/72 RNLI Lifeboat (07280)
Built as part of the RNLI Lifeboat Group Build . Pictures can also be seen in the Gallery, here .

Airfix 1/72 RNLI Lifeboat (07280)
Built as a "what-if" RN version. Pictures can also be seen in the Gallery, here .

Dapol BR Railbus (CO247)
The Dapol issue of the Airfix OO BR Railbus which was built as part of a Group Build. More pictures can be found in the Gallery .

The Hasegawa F-14 Tomcat "Eggplane" (60102)

Airfix 1/350 Trafalgar Class Submarine (A03260)
You can see more pictures here .

Airfix 1/72 TSR-2 "What-If" (07004)
This kit was made as part of the ATF Fifth Anniversary Group Build and you can follow it's build here . You can see more pictures here .

HobbyBoss 1/72 F86F-40 Sabre (80259)

Revell 1/108 Harbour Tug (05207)

HobbyBoss 1/72 Zero Fighter Type 52 (80241)

Airfix 1/32 Aston Martin DBR9 (A03411)
An OOB build. I did a demo of this build which you can see here . You can see more pictures here .

HobbyBoss 1/72 Morane-Saulnier MS 406 (80235)
Straight forward OOB build. You can see more pictures here .

HobbyBoss 1/72 He162 Salamander (80239)
Straight forward OOB build. You can see more pictures here .

The models above this point were the first models that I had made for two years eight months. Started modelling again in October 2010. My older models are below.

Mirage 1/400 HMS (MNoMS) St Albans (40607)
This was made for Airfix prior to their own boxing release. You can see more pictures here .

Mirage 1/400 HMS Montgomery (40609)
This was made for Airfix prior to their own boxing release. You can see more pictures here .

Airfix 1/72 S.A. 330 Puma (03021)
This kit was made as part of the Airfix Rotors Group Build and you can follow it's build here .

Airfix 1/72 Folland Gnat T1 (01036)
This kit was made as part of the Airfix Trainer Aircraft Group Build and you can follow it's build here .

Airfix 1/32 Aston Martin DB5 (02406)
This kit was made as part of the Airfix Cars #1 Group Build and you can follow it's build here .

Airfix 1/72 BAC Harrier GR7 (04039)
This kit was built OOB but has been given a "Berlin Brigade" colour scheme.

Academy 1/72 Hawker Typhoon 1B (1664)
This kit was built OOB but has the Airfix canopy bunged on it!

Airfix 1/72 Hawker Typhoon 1B (61027-0)
This kit was built as part of the Hawker Typhoon Group Build and has had quite a few modifications carried out to it. You can follow it's build here .

Airfix 1/32 Porsche 917 (03409)
This kit was a second hand one bought on eBay that was almost completed without any paint. You can follow my reconstruction of it, here .

Airfix 1/144 Boeing 707 British Airways (04170)
This was built as part of the Airfix Airliners Group Build and can be followed, here .

MGB 43 (Conversion from Airfix RAF Rescue Launch) (05281)
This was built as part of the Airfix RAF Rescue Launch Group Build and can be followed, here .

Airfix 1/72 Petlyakov Pe2 (03034)
This was built OOB and finished in the alternative Polish scheme.

Airfix 1/144 BAC 1-11 Aer Lingus (03178)
This was built as part of the Airliners Group Build and can be followed, here .

Airfix 1/144 Boeing 314 BOAC "Berwick" (04172)
This was built as part of the Airliners Group Build and can be followed, here .

HMS Stealthfast (04212)
This was built as part of the ATF First Anniversary Group Build which can be followed, here . Basically, it is an Airfix HMS Belfast hull with Airfix YF-22 wings and an Airfix Robogear T.Rex head and legs!

Airfix 1/72 de Havilland Mosquito Mk II/XVIII (03019)
This was built as part of the de Havilland Mosquito Group Build which can be followed, here .

Airfix 1/72 Douglas Devastator TBD-1 (02034)
This was a quick OOB build.

Airfix 1/72 Saab Viggen (03015)
This was built as part of the Saab Viggen Group Build which can be followed, here .

Airfix 1/72 TSR2 (07004)

Airfix Willys Jeep (01322)
This was built as part of the Willys Jeep Group Build which can be followed, here . This was converted to become "THE 'VERY MOBILE' BATH AND LAUNDRY UNIT"!

Heller 1/72 Supermarine Spitfire Mk XVIE (80282)
This is an OOB build made as part of the Spitfire Group Build. You can follow it's build here .

HobbyBoss 1/72 Supermarine Spitfire Mk Vb (80212)
This is an OOB build made as part of the Spitfire Group Build. You can follow it's build here .

Airfix 1/72 Boulton Paul Defiant Conversion (01031)
This is a conversion of the Airfix Boulton Paul Defiant to prototype machine K8310. You can read how it was made here .

Airfix 1/72 BAC Lightning F3 (02080)
This is an OOB build except for the addition of cockpit detailing (left over from a TSR2 build).

Airfix 1/32 Jaguar 'E' Type (02415)
Straightforward OOB build.

Airfix 1/72 Messerschmitt Me262 V1 Conversion (01030)
This was a conversion of an Airfix Me262-2a (as seen above) to the propellor-driven prototype Me262 V1.

Airfix 1/72 Messerschmitt Me262-2a (01030)
This was a straightforward OOB build.

Airfix 1/72 Armstrong Whitworth Seahawk FGA Mk6 (01025-2)
All-black Seahawk FGA Mk6 WV828/037 based at Lee-on-Solent 1975.

HobbyBoss 1/72 P51D Mustang IV (80230)
This was built OOB as part of the P51 Mustang Group Build. You can read about it's build here .

Airfix 1/72 German 'S' Boat (10280)
This was made as part of a Group Build . You can follow my build here .

Airfix 1/72 Junkers Ju 87B/R (03030)
This was made OOB as the Italian 'R' version.

Airfix 1/72 Hawker Hunter FGA.9 (02073)
This was made OOB with brush-painted finish. You can see more pictures in the Picture Gallery.

Airfix 1/72 B.N. Islander/Defender (03067)
This was made as part of a Group Build.

Airfix 1/72 Austin K.2 Ambulance (03304)
You can read the story of it's construction in the Group Builds forum.

Airfix 1/72 Saab Viggen (03015)
Originally I had intended to give it a splinter-camouflage finish but decided to put that on of my TSR2s (See below).

Airfix Robogear Varan (RG1007)
Curiosity got the better of me! I thought I would buy one in order to see what they were like. Being a snap-fit, it didn't take long to put together. Painting it has taken a bit longer. More pictures can be seen in this thread.

Airfix 1/48 Supermarine Seafire IIIc (05110)
Built OOB. It was part of my Classic Modeller's Club membership package when I renewed.

Airfix 1/600 HMS Belfast (04212)
Built OOB over 10 days. Having just completed the last four 1/400 ships, I needed something to cure me of the resultant modeller's block I suffered! You can see more pictures here .

Heller 1/400 Tirpitz (81079) (Built for Airfix)
Built OOB for Airfix to display at the London and Nuremberg Toy Fairs

Heller 1/400 HMS King George V (81088) (Built for Airfix)

Airfix 1/400 HMS Hood (08202 (Built for Airfix)

Airfix 1/400 Bismarck (08205) (Built for Airfix)

Airfix 1/32 MGB (02420)
Another quick one I didn't enjoy much, built at the same time as the Jaguar. Colour scheme was not chosen by me! Another one I would rather forget!

Airfix 1/32 Jaguar E Type (02415)
I built this for my wife and it was not an enjoyable build. It was a rush job and I vowed that I would buy another one to make "properly".

Airfix 1/72 Hawker Hurricane Mk IIb (02042)
Built OOB but with the addition of some scratch-built wheel wells .

Airfix 1/48 Hawker Hurricane Mk 1 (04102)
Built OOB. My second model after a 25 year absence from modelling and my first aircraft for 30 years. It was part of the Classic Modeller's Club membership package.

Heller 1/400 Scharnhorst (81085) (Built for Airfix)
Built OOB for Airfix to display at SMW, Telford 2005. This was the first model I had made for 25 years!!

Dave

My Portfolio + My Works in Progress + My Stash. "Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it." - Salvador Dali

Stash: 171. Built: 1967-1980: 250. 1981-2005: 4. 2006-2010: 52. 2011-2015: 119. 2016: 33. 2017: 8.

Last edited by DaveCov on Fri 28 Dec 2012 01:11 am, edited 162 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 04 Sep 2006 16:14 pm 
Blue Star
Blue Star

Fluently Great work dave, I especially like your amazingly detailed ship builds. Attempted a few once but gave up out of frustration. Really nice models you have :):):)

also, some very innovative builds along here :)

Spudman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 25 Oct 2006 21:22 pm 
Bronze Star
Bronze Star

How did you do the Splinter Camo????

The boys are back in town
My modelling site is updated with lots of pics and fun stuff<a href="http://www.freewebs.com/themodellingplace/">its here</a>.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 25 Oct 2006 22:08 pm 
ATF Founder
ATF Founder

The splinter camo was done freehand using a No. 2 brush, a lot of patience and no masking tape! :wink:

Here is a better picture of it during painting -

Dave

My Portfolio + My Works in Progress + My Stash. "Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it." - Salvador Dali

Stash: 171. Built: 1967-1980: 250. 1981-2005: 4. 2006-2010: 52. 2011-2015: 119. 2016: 33. 2017: 8.

Last edited by DaveCov on Sun 27 Jun 2010 00:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 25 Oct 2006 22:32 pm 
Blue Star
Blue Star

you do so love that TSR2, it and its decals are all over the forum! :wink:

and with good reason.........

spudman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 25 Oct 2006 22:39 pm 
ATF Founder
ATF Founder

I just love that camo scheme! :D So much so that I will be doing a Viggen in that scheme when the Viggen Group Build takes place. One of these days I will finish that TSR2! :oops:

Dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 06 Nov 2006 01:12 am 
ATF Founder
ATF Founder

Latest update to my portfolio 6th November 2006 -

Completed List

Airfix 1/72 B.N. Islander/Defender
This was made as part of a Group Build

Dave

Last edited by DaveCov on Sun 27 Jun 2010 00:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 13 Nov 2006 17:47 pm 
ATF Founder
ATF Founder

Latest update to my portfolio - 13th November 2006 -

Completed Build

Airfix 1/72 Hawker Hunter FGA.9
This was made OOB.

Dave

Last edited by DaveCov on Sun 27 Jun 2010 00:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 04 Dec 2006 20:29 pm 
ATF Founder
ATF Founder

Latest update to my portfolio - 4th December 2006 -

Completed Build

Airfix 1/72 Junkers Ju 87B/R
This was made OOB as the Italian 'R' version.

Dave

Last edited by DaveCov on Sun 27 Jun 2010 00:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 16 Dec 2006 03:59 am 
ATF Founder
ATF Founder

Latest update to my portfolio - 16th December 2006

Completed Build

Airfix 1/72 German 'S' Boat
This was made as part of a Group Build and you can follow my build here.

Dave

Last edited by DaveCov on Mon 05 Jul 2010 20:15 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 23 Jan 2007 11:42 am 
ATF Founder
ATF Founder

Latest update to my portfolio - 23rd January 2007

HobbyCraft 1/72 P51D Mustang IV
This was built OOB as part of the P51 Mustang Group Build. You can read about it's build here.

Dave

Last edited by DaveCov on Sun 27 Jun 2010 00:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 05 Feb 2007 03:07 am 
ATF Founder
ATF Founder

Latest update to my portfolio - 5th February 2007

Airfix 1/72 Armstrong Whitworth Seahawk FGA Mk6
All-black Seahawk FGA Mk6 WVA828/037 based at Lee-on-Solent 1975.

Airfix 1/72 Messerschmitt Me262-2a
This was a straightforward OOB build.

Airfix 1/72 Messerschmitt Me262 V1 Conversion
This was a conversion of an Airfix Me262-2a (as seen above) to the propellor-driven prototype Me262 V1.

Dave

Last edited by DaveCov on Sun 27 Jun 2010 00:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 07 Feb 2007 23:32 pm 
ATF Founder
ATF Founder

Latest update to my portfolio - 7th February 2007

Completed Builds

Airfix 1/43 Jaguar 'E' Type
Straightforward OOB build.

Dave

Last edited by DaveCov on Sun 27 Jun 2010 00:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 19 Feb 2007 23:34 pm 
Gold & Silver Stars
Gold & Silver Stars

They all look awesome Dave, nice work

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 24 Feb 2007 12:11 pm 
ATF Founder
ATF Founder

Thank you!

Latest update to my portfolio - 24th February 2007

Airfix 1/72 BAC Lightning F3
This is an OOB build except for the addition of cockpit detailing (left over from a TSR2 build).

Dave

Last edited by DaveCov on Sun 27 Jun 2010 00:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 10 Mar 2007 14:13 pm 
ATF Founder
ATF Founder

Latest update to my portfolio - 10th March 2007

Completed Builds

Airfix 1/72 Boulton Paul Defiant Conversion
This is a conversion of the Airfix Boulton Paul Defiant to prototype machine K8310. You can read how it was made here.

HobbyBoss 1/72 Supermarine Spitfire Mk Vb
This is an OOB build made as part of the Spitfire Group Build. You can follow it's build here.

Heller 1/72 Supermarine Spitfire Mk XVIE
This is an OOB build made as part of the Spitfire Group Build. You can follow it's build here.

Dave

Last edited by DaveCov on Sun 27 Jun 2010 00:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 10 Mar 2007 16:28 pm 
Site Owner

: Site Owner
: Group Build Guru
:hal: great stuff as usual :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 13 Mar 2007 22:07 pm 
ATF Founder
ATF Founder

Latest update to my portfolio - 13th March 2007

Completed Build

Airfix Willys Jeep
This was built as part of the Willys Jeep Group Build which can be followed, here. This was converted to become "THE 'VERY MOBILE' BATH AND LAUNDRY UNIT"!

Dave

Last edited by DaveCov on Sun 27 Jun 2010 00:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 07 Apr 2007 23:35 pm 
ATF Founder
ATF Founder

Latest update to my portfolio - 7th April 2007

Airfix 1/72 TSR2

Airfix 1/72 Saab Viggen
This was built as part of the Saab Viggen Group Build which can be followed, here.

Dave

Last edited by DaveCov on Sun 27 Jun 2010 00:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 39  Next